Sunday, January 19, 2014

EOS vs. Baby Lips

 
I wanted to give you my opinion on a couple lip balms I have been using lately. If you haven't been living under a rock lately you know that EOS and Maybelline's Baby Lips are constantly competing for the number one spot.

EOS (Evolution of Smooth) is currently number one in sales. They have cute little egg looking packaging and a variety of flavors, they're hard to resist. Flavors like sweet mint, strawberry sorbet, summer fruit and many more you can't go wrong.
 

I prefer sweet mint. It gives you a little tingle when you apply and it smells so good.
I can say it's pretty good at moisturizing your lips but If you have really chapped lips I don't think they would cure it. If your just looking for a regular lip balm that's smooth and tasty then go for it.

Also, I have to say, they are pretty cute when you store them in a little glass container or something of that sort it your bathroom.... anyway, that's what I do. :)

Kind of blurry, but you get the point.

To find out more about EOS check their site out here. http://evolutionofsmooth.com/

So now on to Baby Lips. The packaging is very different, just a typical balm stick. Baby lips have more flavors to choose from though. Also, with baby lips you have the option of choosing one with a tint to it.
 


 
I love the cherry one. It's the perfect tint color if you want something that shows but is also subtle.
They are more moisturizing than EOS and I feel like you might get more product although I can not be certain because I haven't used all mine up yet.

They're supposed to moisturizes lips for a full 8 hours and renew lips in 1 week. I believe if you have chapped or dry lips that you could see a difference in a week for sure. So give them a try!

For really chapped and dry lips that need extra care try their Dr. Recue line of baby lips with up to 12 hours of hydration.  I haven't tried this kind but I thought id add this for anyone needing more hydration for their lips. :)
 

To find out more about Baby Lips go here... http://www.maybelline.com/products/lip-makeup/lip-balm/baby-lips.aspx


So this is my verdict: I love them BOTH!
I think anyone should try them and see which they prefer. They are not expensive and you can find them at any drugstore, walmart, target and so on...

I find myself reaching for my eos sweet mint one the most for some reason but I love the tint that the cherry baby lips gives.

If you have tried them let me know which you prefer or if you think there is a better brand out there. I love trying new things out!

Thanks for checking this out!

-Lesley
 

No comments:

Post a Comment