Sunday, January 19, 2014

Review: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil + Smokey Eyes Palette

I love love love NYX makeup so I wanted to do a review on two of their products that I own and let you know what I think.

First let me tell you about NYX if you haven't heard of it. It's hard to say whether this is a drugstore or high end brand but it's trusted and highly spoken about by most makeup professionals. They have really really good quality makeup with probably the best packaging I've seen. The prices are a little more than your average drugstore brands but less than the big makeup brands we know.

You can find nyx at www.ulta.com or
 http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/ 

Also, I want to add when I went to their website and signed up they sent me an email to receive 25% off my first order! Right now they have free shipping on orders over 25 dollars so check it out.

OKAY lets get started.

First, I wanted to do a review on the Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil. The one I'm reviewing is in the color Milk. $4.50
After seeing all the RAVES on this product and especially the milk one I had to try it. I don't even use things like these really and I most certainly don't use white eyeliner or shadow. Still, I got it. WOW, is all I have to say. No wonder this is a top seller. I can not believe the smoothness and the color payoff this thing has. A long time ago I seen where you could use white eyeliner in your water line to make your eyes look bigger, prettier whatever. Every time I bought a white liner it wouldn't show up. That's really why I was hesitate to purchase this. This white is almost TO white. lol
Here's a swatch so you can see.

The consistency is so creamy but not so creamy it runs and smudges everywhere on your face.
 
You can use this has a shadow or even a base for shadow! I tried it that way a few times and it works great. Also, this color is really pretty in the corner of the eye (tear duct area). Just dab it on and smooth with your fingers. Really, there are so many uses for this!
 
I could only imagine what the other colors are like! So, I plan on using the 25% code I got and making an order. If any of you have tried any other colors let me know which ones I should try.
 
I give this pencil a 5 out of 5! Can't wait to try other colors!
 
Next up for review is the Nyx For Your Eyes Only Smokey Eyes Palette
 

I needed a good neutral eye shadow palette but I didn't want to spend 30 dollars. So, this is what I chose and I'm glad I did! This is a great palette. I love the size as well, its not a huge palette, you could defiantly put this in a purse and it wouldn't get in the way. And, again, I like the packaging.
 
I can't find this one on the site but I think it was around 12-15 dollars when I bought mine.
 
It has a decent amount of colors. Whether you want to go dramatic or more of a subtle look, you're covered. It has a blend of textures and that's why I really like this palette. I like the matte finishes it has but it has some shimmery shades for you ladies that like to shine. haha. that was stupid. The shadows are really soft and smooth and they blend pretty well. Using a primer, I got about 6 hours of wear out of it which is pretty good. Comes off easy with makeup remover, I just use makeup wipes.
Here are some swatches I did.
 
 
without primer
this isn't all the colors.
 
Here are some swatches using primer underneath
I'm taking these with a laptop so I don't think the pictures are doing justice.
 
 
All in all I give this palette a 4 out of 5. I think it's worth checking out!
 
 
 
That's all the reviews I have today. If anyone has any NYX products they think I should try, leave me a comment and let me know. I'm going to be making an order in a about a week,so I'll post what I got and do some more reviews!
 
Thanks for checking this out!
 
 
 
-Lesley<3
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment