Monday, January 20, 2014

Random Eyeliner Reviews

Okay, there are a MILLION, if not more, eyeliners to choose from nowadays,
so I thought I would go through my makeup and give you some reviews on the ones that I have.
 
These are honest reviews of the liners I have used. So, if I didn't like it, im gonna let ya know!
 
okay, the first one I came across was the Covergirl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner
in black onyx 200. $7
 
I have been using this one for maybe 10 years. WOW I didn't realize that until now. Recently I've been going off the beaten path and using different and a little more high end liners, but this one is always a go to. It's about 7 dollars and you can find it anywhere. It's a twist up, so you don't have to sharpen.
It really does glide on smoothly BUT it does smudge some. Probably a lot if your eyes water. Its great for your upper lid. Im going to give this a 4 out of 5 though, I would recommend you give it a try to see if it works for you.

 
 
 
 
                      Next is the ELF Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in black.$1

Oh what to say about this one. Well, basically I hate it. I didn't want to but I had to. It was really awesome the first time I tried it but after that I don't know what happened. This has a felt tip but it was a little on the stiff side. The color intensity wears off pretty quickly, So you have to reapply. Does anyone really want to do that? NOPE. I had this for about 3 weeks and by then it was dried up. Oh well, it was only 1 dollar. I'm going to give this a 2 out of 5
 
swatch
 
 on the left beside the CG
 
Next is the ELF Liquid Eyeliner in black $1
 
This one is also 1 dollar. This one is pretty good. You basically have to learn to like it. I needed to be extra careful applying it, because it has tendency to smudge a lot. It dries pretty quickly on the eyelids and it is a very vibrant black. It does have good staying power. I would say you could get 8 or 9 hours out of it and that's pretty dang good. Im going to give this one a 4 out of 5.
 
swatch
                                         on left beside ELF eyeliner pen
 
 Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil
in black
 
 

 
The formulas on these eyeliners are amazing, I don't think I have ever tried one like this. They are so creamy, pigmented, and long lasting it will blow your mind. You have to sharpen these but thats okay. They cost 19 dollars. Sort of a splurge but Urban Decay is a very good brand with a cult following, so what's that tell ya? Their products are amazing. They also have a TON of other colors. Im going to give this a 5 out of 5!
 
swatch

 
 
OKay without going into a huge review, here's a list of some other liners I like and don't like
 
LIKES
Stilla Smudge Pot $20
 
NYX Slide on Pencil $8
VERY comparable to the UD 24/7 liners
 
DISLIKES
 
Wet n Wild Color Icon $1.49
 
Any eyeliner that comes in a cheap makeup set. HATE THOSE!
 
Well, that's about it. I have tons and tons more but I basically wanted to give you some that I like and didn't like. Hope it helps if your looking for a new liner.
 
-Lesley <3

No comments:

Post a Comment